The Task Force Director of Financial Services position requires traveling to hotels to replace a permanent Director of Finance upon need. Responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting, profit & loss reporting, and account reconciliation for operating and balance sheet accounts.
The incumbent is also responsible for the completion and direction of Transitions In and Transitions Out at various Aimbridge properties providing in-depth training on Aimbridge systems and best practices.
Education & Experience:
• Possess a 4-year Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting and a minimum of 5 years of experience in hotel finance.
• Must be proficient in Windows, Excel, Word for Windows and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency in one or more back-office and front office hotel system recommended.
• Long hours and weekends required.
• Sedentary work, exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
• Must be willing, able and available to travel on short notice, and spend multiple nights away from home.
• Must be able to clearly convey information and ideas including complex or technical issues, orally and in writing.
• Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS (cont’d)
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
• Must be able to work with, understand and interpret financial information, hotel operations data, and basic arithmetic functions.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Work with transitional teams for on boarding and off boarding of properties ensuring smooth, thorough and accurate hotel transitions.
• Work long hours and weekends.
• Must be flexible concerning scheduling and assignments.
• Work closely with VP’s of Finance.
• Complete record retention assignments. Must be able to lift and move accounting records.
• Complete internal audit research and assignments.
• Completion of special projects on an ad hoc basis.
• Quickly assess property opportunities & challenges.
• Ensure hotels compliance with hotel and accounting policies and procedures, legal requirements and contractual obligations (including obligations under a management agreement).
• Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper attire when working, especially in the field.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Ensure compliance with Aimbridge internal controls as per established S.O.P., and interface with the Internal Audit department to foster a cooperative atmosphere between management and Internal Audit.
• Establish, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures designed to achieve company, operational goals, and legal requirements.
Aimbridge Hospitality is the leading, global, third-party hotel management company operating branded full service, select service, luxury hotels, destination resorts, convention centers and lifestyle hotels. Aimbridge merged with Interstate Hotels & Resorts in 2019, and now represents a premium portfolio of more than 1,400 branded and independent properties in 49 states and 20 countries. Aimbridge is based in Plano, Texas and has additional corporate offices in Atlanta, Calgary, Chicago, Fargo, Puerto Rico, San Clemente, Scottsdale, Toronto and Washington D.C. Aimbridge’s International Division, Interstate Hotels & Resorts, has supporting offices spread across Europe in Amsterdam, Birmingham, Glasgow and Moscow.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following: